«

»

Dec 18 2012

Gareth Says: Northwick Park A&E ‘full’

gareth_thomas_headshot1Harrow GPs told not to send patients as hospital A&E overwhelmed

A leaked letter has revealed that NHS bosses are urging Harrow doctors not to send patients to Northwick Park as it is already overwhelmed by demand.

Maeve O’Callaghan-Harrington, Head of Emergency Planning at North West London Hospitals NHS Trust, wrote to Harrow GPs last week telling them the casualty units at Northwick Park Hospital and Central Middlesex Hospital were full.

The letter reveals the extent to which London’s A&Es are already struggling and calls into question why the Government plans to close so many London A&Es. Central Middlesex, Ealing, Charing Cross and Hammersmith hospitals are all at risk of losing their Accident and Emergency units.

Harrow West MP Gareth Thomas said: “This letter exposes the pressure the NHS is under and calls into question even more the judgement of those demanding neighbouring A&E departments are closed. David Cameron needs to explain how the Government can close so many A&Es without putting lives at risk.”

Source: Gareth Thomas

(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)