«

»

Dec 02 2017

Husband of failed Harrow West candidate, Hannah David, arrested

According to an article in The Mirror, published yesterday, the husband of failed Harrow West parliamentary candidate, Hannah David (pictured), has been arrested by City of London Police on suspicion of fraud and money laundering.

Hannah David, who is a former Tory parliamentary candidate in Harrow West (she lost to Harrow boy Gareth Thomas)  and is national director of the Conservative Policy Forum, is a 25% shareholder in HBFS – her husband holds the other 75%.

The Mirror goes on to report the City of London Police as saying, “The arrest follows a referral from the Financial Conduct Authority. The case is being investigated as part of City of London Police’s role as lead force for fraud. HBFS’s customers are advised to check the status of any investments made through HBFS and, if they have any concerns, to contact City of London Police.”

According to HBFS’s web site, Freddy joined HBFS in 2000, having previously worked as a Corporate Manager at Barclays Bank, Knightsbridge and has been Managing Director of the firm since 2005.

It goes on to say that Freddy deals in more complex and high value investment portfolios, with diverse and high profile clientele, especially offshore, and has an in-depth knowledge of investment funds.

You can read the full story here.

There is no suggestion that Mrs David herself is under any investigation.

(Visited 467 times, 28 visits today)